Embark upon the shore excursion of a lifetime with a visit to San Marino, the fifth smallest country in the world that is completely enveloped by Italy. Remarkable for its long history of independence, San Marino is considered to be the only surviving sovereign state and republic dating back to circa 300 A.D. During your brief time in magical San Marino, be sure to visit some of the iconic landmarks such as the Cathedral and Palazzo Pubblico. Also of note are San Marino's Three Towers, each resting on the peaks of Mount Titano, which collectively have become a symbol of the republic. Discover firsthand how this small, but enchanting country makes a big impression on its visitors.
Length: 6 hours.
Available: All year round.
Departure time: Scheduled with ship's disembarkation.
Meeting point: At Cruise Terminal - To be advised.
Tour Highlights: Guided walking visit of San Marino (the 5th Smallest Country in the World)
Price includes: Private English Speaking Guide; Private Guided Tour Service; Deluxe Motorcoach Transportation; Taxes and service charges.
Price doesn't include: All not mentioned under "Price Includes"
Your tour will begin as you disembark from your ship and board your waiting motor coach for San Marino, the fifth smallest country in the world. San Marino is also one of the world's oldest republics and the only surviving independent city-state in Italy. During the tour you will visit the historic center of San Marino, located on Mount Titano, where the Three Towers of San Marino, a symbol of the city, can be seen. As you stroll through the city center, you’ll get a glimpse of the city’s history from its founding through the modern age. During your excursion, you’ll visit the Cathedral of San Marino, considered to be the most important church in the country. In the main square, you’ll find the Palazzo Pubblico, the seat of San Marino's government. Other highlights include the State Museum of San Marino and the San Francesco Musuem. After the tour, you’ll have leisure time to explore the Medieval winding streets, shop, dine or relax. Be sure to stop by the Tourist Office to get your passport stamped before taking the coach back to your ship.
This Tour operates rain or shine.
PACKAGE START AT $157.00 per person INCLUDES:
- 2 nights accommodation in 4 Star Hotel in Florence
- 4 nights accommodation in 3 Star Hotel in Monterosso al Mare, Cinque Terre or similar
- Daily breakfast
- 1 typical dinner in Florence
- 1 typical light lunch in Florence
- 1 typical light lunch in Cinque Terre
- 1 seafood lunch in Portovenere
- Olive oil tasting in Florence
- 2 cooking classes with dinner to follow in Cinque Terre
- 1 Full day guided tour in Florence
- 1 Full day guided tour in Cinque Terre
- Private Transfers as per itinerary
- Water Taxi transfers to Portovenere restaurant
- Public transportation as per itinerary
- Vat Taxes and Service Charges
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- All Land & Air prices: Additional U.S. & Foreign Departure Taxes and Surcharges Fee(s) assessed by the Airlines.
- Hospitality city tax which varies by city and hotel category. Where applicable, it must be paid locally to the hotel.
- Entrance Fees to Monuments or Museums, Tips, Extras.
- Porterage service.
- All which is not listed under “PACKAGE INCLUDES”.
Independent tour package with private car w/ Driver for transfers.
Available all year around on request.
Minimum number of participants: 2 persons.
(*) Rate based on two adult persons sharing a double or twin bedded room with private bathroom. Single rooms are available at an additional supplement. Children’s, triple room rates and alternative accommodation arrangements are available upon request. (Additional and different charges may apply).