Gourmet Food Tour in Umbria featuring Wine, Cheese and Olive Oil
Umbria is the perfect place to learn about the processes and flavors of local cuisine.
Tour highlights include wine tasting, truffle hunting, oil making, and cooking classes.
Day 1: UMBRIA REGION, NORCIA
Arrival at your Hotel in Norcia in the heart of the Umbria region. After the check-in, time for you to relax at the spa centre of Palazzo Seneca, with the complimentary use of Jacuzzi pool, Turkish bath, steam room. Welcome dinner at the traditional and old restaurant in Norcia since 1850. There you will taste the real flavors of local cuisine. Overnight stay at your hotel accommodation.
Day 2: NORCIA, MONTEFALCO, WINERY VISIT WITH TASTING, OIL MILL VISIT WITH TASTING, COOKING CLASS
Breakfast at the Hotel and departure for small, quaint hamlet of Montefalco. In the morning you will visit an historical wine estate producing the delicious Sagrantino di Montefalco red wine, with tasting of 3 wines. Later in the morning, you will continue with a visit to local olive oil mill with an explanation of the entire process, followed by a rich light lunch of samples paired to the mill's oil. Back to Norcia to start your cooking class at 4.00 p.m. at Casa Bianconi, exclusive place in a historic house of Norcia, where you will learn some secrets of the local cuisine during a hands on cooking class. Taste your creations for dinner. Return to your Hotel accommodation for the overnight stay.
Day 3: NORCIA, TRUFFLE HUNTING (or CHEESE MAKING SCHOOL)
Breakfast at the Hotel. In the morning you will have the chance to experience the "truffle hunting" in the wild and breathtaking nature around Norcia. By minivan you will reach the area of your adventure and guided by an expert "truffle hunter" and his devote dog, you will have fun searching for the black truffle of Norcia. This experience won't be possible in May and September: during these 2 months it will be substituted by the cheese making school and the visit to some local cold cuts factory. Lunch on your own. In the afternoon we suggest you to visit the beautiful town of Norcia. Along the main road you will be accompanied by the delicious smell of cheese and salumi coming from the many gourmet shops all around. If you wish you will be able also to visit the ancient artisan chocolate factory Nursia. Farewell dinner at the elegant and unique restaurant in Palazzo Seneca. Overnight stay at your hotel accommodation.
Day 4: UMBRIA REGION
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and end of our services.
PACKAGE START AT $906.00 INCLUDES:
- 3 nights accommodation in 3 Star or 4 Star Hotel in Norcia or similar;
- Daily breakfast; - Welcome Dinner at a typical and historical restaurant in Norcia,
- 1 cooking classes with dinner to follow;
- Truffle hunting as per program (or cheese making class in May and September); - Guided visit and tasting light lunch in a olive oil mill in Montefalco;
- Farewell dinner at an elegant restaurant in Norcia;
- Complimentary use of of the Spa Jacuzzi pool, sauna and Turkish bath at Hotel Seneca;
- Complimentary entrance at the Norcia Sport Center (swimming pools and other sport facilities);
- 4 days of Car Rental Class B or Similar Fully Inclusive Coverage included.
- Vat Taxes and service Charges.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- All Land & Air prices: Additional U.S. & Foreign Departure Taxes and Surcharges Fee(s) assessed by the Airlines.
- Hospitality city tax which varies by city and hotel category. Where applicable it must be paid locally to the hotel.
- Transportation, Entrance Fees to Monuments or Museums, Tips, Extras.
- Beverages during meals.
- All which is not listed under “PACKAGE INCLUDES”.
Fly and Drive independent tour package. Available all year around on request. Minimum number of participants: 2 people.
(*) Rate based on two adult persons sharing a double or twin bedded room with private bathroom. Single rooms are available at an additional supplement. Children’s, triple room rates and alternative accommodation arrangements are available upon request. (Additional and different charges may apply).