Embark on this five day vacation package and escorted tour to discover the wonder of Sicily. Begin in the city of Palermo before embarking upon a guided day excursion to the Segesta to discover the Doric Temple and other Grecian ruins, the town of Erice to view Phoenician and Norman ruins, and Trapani to see the salt windmills. Explore and tour the coastal fishing village of Cefalu with its renowned mosaics before continuing on to an enchanting lunch in the Miraglia Forest and to catch a glimpse of Sicily's majestic Mount Etna. The wonder of Sicily awaits you!
From PALERMO to TAORMINA
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Palermo, Segesta, Erice, Trapani, Cefalu, Nebrodi Park, Taormina, Mount Etna (optional)
Day 01 (Tuesday): PALERMO
Arrival in Palermo and transfer to you hotel at your leisure. In the afternoon, meet and greet with your tour escort and travel group. Enjoy a welcome cocktail and dinner with your group before retiring for the night.
Day 02 (Wednesday): PALERMO, SEGESTA, ERICE, TRAPANI, PALERMO
Enjoy a breakfast buffet at your Hotel before departing for Segesta, an impressive archeological site home of the majestic Doric Temple and other Grecian ruins. The tour will continue to Erice, an enchanting medieval town on Mt Erice and famous for its Phoenician and Norman ruins. Don’t forget your camera for the breathtaking views over the city of Trapani, the salt works on the coast and the Egadi Islands. Free time for lunch in Erice before proceeding on a panoramic tour to Trapani to see the salt windmills still working in the coast. Return to Palermo for dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 03 (Thursday): PALERMO - CEFALÙ - NEBRODI PARK - TAORMINA
After breakfast at the hotel, you will depart to the charming sea town of Cefalu’. Once there you will explore the enchanting city center of this old fishing village and visit the Norman Cathedral, home to beautiful mosaic works, and the medieval wash-house built in the rock.
The tour will continue to the “Parco dei Nebrodi”, a beautiful natural park where you'll stop for a characteristic lunch at the Miraglia Forest. In the afternoon you’ll drive to Cesarò, Randazzo where you’ll be able to admire the Mount Etna from an unusual point of view.
Arrival in the evening at your hotel in Taormina where you will have dinner before a good night's rest.
Day 04 (Friday): TAORMINA, MOUNT ETNA (optional), TAORMINA
You'll have the morning to yourself, after breakfast, to relax sipping a delicious Sicilian granita, write your postcards or take the cable down to the beach. If you're interested, you might like to go on an optional excursion to Mount Etna (optional activity not included). If the weather conditions allow you, you'll reach the 1800 meters level of the highest active volcano in Europe from where you'll see an amazing panoramic view of the Ionic Sea. In the afternoon you will visit Taormina, a beautiful medieval town between the Mount Etna and the blue sea and enjoy some free time shopping for handmade lace, ceramics, coral jewels and local food and sweets in the many small shops on the Corso Umberto or if you would like, you may be able also to visit the famous Roman-Greek Theater (on your own, not included). Return to your hotel for a farewell Dinner with your tour party. Overnight in Taormina.
Day 05 (Saturday): TAORMINA
After breakfast at the hotel, end of services.
PACKAGE START AT $888.00 INCLUDES:
- Transportation by Deluxe motor coach or minibus as per itinerary;
- Accommodation in 4 Star Hotels in double/twin rooms with private facilities;
- Buffet breakfast daily;
- 4 Dinners;
- 1 Lunches;
- Welcome cocktail;
- English Speaking Tour-Escort (if less than 15 participants your Driver will be also your tour escort);
- Panoramic Visits as per itinerary;
- Local guide assistance where necessary;
- Porterage Service at Hotels;
- Vat Taxes and service Charges.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- All Land & Air prices: Additional U.S. & Foreign Departure Taxes and Surcharges Fee(s) assessed by the Airlines.
- Entrance Fees to Monuments or Museums (about 10 euro per person + 8 Euro per person for whispers), Tips, Extras.
- Optional excursion to Mt Etna (45 euro per person to be paid locally and it can be pre-booked with your tour leader until 4 days before the excursion. The excursion is subject to availability and operated with minimum of 10 participants.)
- Hospitality city tax which varies by city and hotel category. Where applicable it must be paid locally to the hotel.
- All which is not listed under “PACKAGE INCLUDES”.
English speaking escorted group tour.
In case there are less than 15 travelers, your driver will become your tour escort.
For organizational reasons, the itinerary may be reversed or modified without notice. In any case the visits and excursions mentioned in the itinerary are guaranteed.
(*) Rate based on two adult persons sharing a double or twin bedded room with private bathroom. Single rooms are available at an additional supplement. Children’s, triple room rates and alternative accommodation arrangements are available upon request. (Additional and different charges may apply).