Tuscany is one of the premier destinations on the upper west coast of Italy along the Tyrrhenian Sea. This region is world renowned for its picturesque countryside dotted with first class wineries like Chianti Classico. In addition to wine tasting, plan to bring the taste of Tuscany back home with you by learning how to make authentic Italian dishes in a local cooking class. In between wining and dining, take a step back in time and make your way through the unique and charming medieval towns of Montalcino, Monteriggioni, Sam Gimignano, and Siena.
Day 1: MONTERIGGIONI, SIENA
Arrival and check-in at your hotel in Monteriggioni, in the heart of the Tuscan countryside and just few kilometers from the famous town of Siena. Welcome drink and time for relaxing. Welcome dinner at traditional restaurant in Siena or Monteriggioni area. Overnight stay.
Day 2: CHIANTI REGION, WINE TASTING, SIENA
Breakfast at hotel. We would suggest to start your day with an excursion in the Chianti region. Stop for a visit in one of the most renowned wineries of Chianti Classico where you will enjoy a guided visit and a wine tasting. Afterwards, we suggest spending the afternoon in Siena to discover the city of the Palio horse race and its historical center. Dinner on your own. Return to hotel with overnight stay.
Day 3: TUSCAN COOKING CLASS IN A LOCAL VILLA , SAN GIMIGNANO
Morning dedicated to Tuscan cuisine with a lesson in a local villa, where an entire Tuscan menu will be prepared and then served for lunch paired with local wine. Afterwards, we suggest a visit of the splendid town of San Gimignano, another medieval jewel which still preserves its walls and medieval architecture. Dinner on your own and return to hotel with overnight stay.
Day 4: MONTERIGGIONI, SIENA, MONTALCINO, SAINT’ANTIMO ABBEY
After breakfast at hotel, Check-out and drive through the famous Val d’Orcia to reach Montalcino, where is produced the worldwide famous Brunello of Montalcino wine. Guided visit and a wine tasting in a Brunello’s historical cellar. At the end of the wine tasting we will suggest you to visit the historical center of Montalcino and the nearby Saint’Antimo Abbey. End of our services.
PACKAGE START AT $956.00
- 3 nights accommodation in 4 Star Hotel in Monteriggioni around Siena or similar;
- Daily breakfast;
- Welcome Dinner in a Medieval Restaurant;
- Visit and wine tasting in a Chianti winery;
- Visit and wine tasting in a Montalcino winery;
- 3 Hours Tuscan Cooking class w/ lunch and beverages;
- 4 Days of Car Rental Class B (Fully Inclusive Coverage Included)
- Vat Taxes and service Charges.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- All Land & Air prices: Additional U.S. & Foreign Departure Taxes and Surcharges Fee(s) assessed by the Airlines.
- Hospitality city tax which varies by city and hotel category. If applicable it has to be paid locally to the hotel.
- Transportation, Entrance Fees to Monuments or Museums, Tips, Extras.
- Beverages during meals.
- All which is not mentioned under PACKAGE INCLUDES.
Fly and Drive independent tour package.
Available all year around on request.
Minimum number of participants: 2 people.
(*) Rate based on two adult persons sharing a double or twin bedded room with private bathroom. Single rooms are available at an additional supplement. Childrens, triple room rates and alternative accommodation arrangements are available upon request. (Additional and different charges may apply).